COVID-19 has changed everything. With the uncertainty of what might be coming next, associations and chambers should take action now in order to provide continued value to members.
From In-Person to Digital: Tips for Shifting your Membership Engagement Strategy provides a wealth of tips and how-tos for navigating and embracing the shift from in-person engagement to digital engagement.
Some of the topics covered:
Be a resource.
Now is an ideal time to position your association or chamber as an expert and drive greater awareness to your organization and its mission.
- How to Make Sure Emails Get Through to Your Members
- 4 Tips for Successful Association Email Campaigns
Shift to webinars and online conferences.
Keep your members informed by sending updates on how your association or chamber will be altering programming.
- Why Host a Virtual Conference
- Virtual Conferencing Tools
- Tips for Video Conferencing from Home
Incorporate video into your messaging.
Hold your next event via webinar or video conference to continue to provide value to your members.
- 5 Reasons Why Associations Should Use Vertical Video
- Easy Ways to Use Video to Engage Members
Put the “social” in social media.
Use social media to give members the valuable human interaction they’re all craving.
- Using Stories – Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook
- LinkedIn Pages Best Practices
- 30 Social Media Post Ideas
- Snapchat 101 for Associations
Facilitate member-to-member connections.
Think outside the box to keep their members connected.
- How to Create a LinkedIn Group for Associations
Find new forms of engagement.
Your association can fulfill the need for professionals to quickly learn and consume content to grow their knowledge and skillsets.
- Strategies for Association Micro-Learning
- Engage Your Members with a Virtual Book Club
Implement online payment options.
Incorporate a system for emailing invoices and accepting online payments into your financial model.
- How to Choose a Credit Card Processor
- Selling Association Memberships Through Your Website
Stay strong and be positive.
Your best bet is to try to be a calming resource for your members.
- Motivational Quotes for Associations
Help your organization and your members with the guide’s wealth of tips and how-tos for navigating the shift from in-person to digital member engagement.