There are simple things to keep in mind that can make all the difference in whether a blog post gains traction. Utilizing these three concepts will help increase your association’s blog followers.
Be Helpful, Instructional, Compelling, Interesting, and Entertaining
- Answer questions that your audience is asking
- Take a boring topic and write the article as you ask yourself the 5 Ws (who, what, where, when, and why)
- Use real facts, numbers, and data
- Be aware of the challenges your audience is facing and address those topics
- Share real-life examples
Be Accurate and Credible
- Do your research and present authentic information
- Trust is earned, so prove yourself
- Site sources of information
Be Timely AND Timeless
Work to find a balance between in the moment and advice for the ages. For timely posts, focus on news, trends, and issues. For timeless content (a.k.a. evergreen posts) include topics and information that will still resonate with people, even if they land on your post months after it was published.
By focusing on one tactic every time you blog, you will soon be utilizing a range of blogging techniques that will benefit your organization.
Write Well. Edit. Proof.
- Watch for and avoid grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
- Proofread, then proofread it again
- Have someone else read the blog post and provide edits
Sources: SocialMediaExaminer.com, BrandsWithFansBlog.com, JonLoomer.com, SocialMediaB2B.com, CopyBlogger.com, Entrepeneur.com, Hubspot.com