There are simple things to keep in mind that can make all the difference in whether a blog post gains traction. As part of a larger strategy, utilizing these three concepts will help increase your association’s followers.
Be Helpful, Instructional, Compelling, Interesting, and Entertaining
- Find the answers to the questions your audience is asking
- Develop an angle by taking a boring topic and asking yourself the 5 Ws (who, what, where, when, and why)
- Use real facts, numbers, and data
- Address the challenges your audience is facing
- Share real-life examples
Be Accurate and Credible
- Get your facts straight
- Remember, trust is earned
- Give credit to your sources
Be Timely AND Timeless
Work to find a balance between in the moment and advice for the ages. For timely posts, focus on news, trends, and issues. For timeless content (a.k.a. evergreen posts) include topics and information that will still resonate with people, even if they land on your post months after it was published.
By focusing on one tactic every time you blog, you will soon be utilizing a rage of blogging techniques that will benefit your organization.
Write Well. Edit. Proof.
- Pay attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Proofread. Then proofread it again
- Ask someone else to edit the piece
Sources: SocialMediaExaminer.com, BrandsWithFansBlog.com, JonLoomer.com, SocialMediaB2B.com, CopyBlogger.com, Entrepeneur.com, Hubspot.com