Celebrate spring by organizing your office. De-cluttering and refreshing your workspace improves motivation and efficiency. Take a minute to check out your office for “curb appeal.” Does it say, “A professional accomplishes things here”? If not, follow these steps to solve the problem.
Organize Your Office in 5 Minutes
• See which pens work and which are taking up drawer space. Also, ditch bent paper clips, loose staples, etc.
• Return borrowed items with a polite “Thank you.”
• Pitch outdated menus and offers. They’re unnecessary and probably available online.
• Get rid of that withering plant and the deflated birthday balloon.
• Are items you use most often within easy reach? Store items by whether they are used daily, weekly or rarely.
• Is your inbox a collection point that never gets touched? Is so, why does it own such valuable desktop real estate?
• Does your corkboard display this week’s schedule or yellowed news clippings and an expired coupon for a car wash?
• What’s with the wool scarf dangling on the coat rack? Your office should be current.
• Keep a cleaning kit with screen wipes, antibacterial wipes, a microfiber cloth, and a can of compressed gas.
Take a celebratory twirl in your office chair and spritz the air with a neutral air freshener. Doesn’t that feel great?