The ugly truth about traditional billing and payment processing is, well, ugly. Invoices sent via mail require more resources than you may realize.
You spend time and money on:
- Paper (invoices & envelopes)
- Bank slips, receipts, and deposit notes
- Ink cartridges
- Printers, postage machines, copiers (plus power and maintenance)
- Follow-up mailings and reminders for late payments
- Fuel – visits to the bank and post office
- Bank charges
- Employee time to process (load paper, stuff envelopes, open mail, enter data, etc.)
- Cost of handling NSF checks
- Staff to coordinate all of this
Paper billing contributes to:
- energy use
- greenhouse gases
- wastewater discharged into lakes, streams, and rivers
- solid waste via filled garbage bags
- fuel consumption
Don’t Forget About Security & Peace of Mind
Unlike cash or checks, e-billing using PCI-compliant payment security ensures data is encrypted and protected. This results in a decreased risk of sensitive banking information being stolen.
The key to seamless integration is in selecting the right tools to bring data together. Your association management software should integrate easily with your billing, payment processing, and accounting software capabilities. It should also be able to handle secure, recurring billing.
Save time. Save money. Save the environment. Go Paperless. Be Happy.
SEE ALSO: How Associations Increase Membership Sales