It’s tough to build trusted relationships with members when they are spread across a state, region, or country. Using video is a powerful way to drive engagement, educate, and demonstrate member value and ROI – from your office to theirs.
Begin with a welcome message from your president or executive officer and move forward from there. Before you know it, you will have a video library to inform and entertain members and get the attention of prospective members.
VIDEO TOPIC IDEAS
- Welcome new members with a warm greeting from your organization’s president or executive officer. It will make a lasting first impression.
- Create a powerful message about your organization for your website, social media channels, and email campaigns.
- Highlight a member benefit and explain the potential value.
- Introduce key staff (e.g. customer service) and how they will assist members.
- Introduce new members by inviting them to submit a short video about their products/services.
- Showcase a member with a testimonial about value they’ve gotten from your organization.
- Promote events and education to increase attendance and sponsorships.
- Communicate the serious things, like legislative issues and industry news.
- Onboarding: Including a video in your onboarding email can double the click through rate.
- Video vs. Text: 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text.
- Landing Pages: Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- Comprehension: The impact of video is proven to increase customer understanding of a product or service by as much as 74%.
- Social Media: Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- Budget & Quality: Your association doesn’t need a big budget or expensive equipment to create effective videos. A mobile phone and inexpensive online video editing tools can produce great results.
- Length: Remember to always keep your video messages under two minutes. 33% of viewers will stop watching a video after 30 seconds, 45% by one minute, and 60% by two minutes.
- Non-Dues Revenue: Offer sponsorship and advertising opportunities for videos when appropriate. This gives your members/vendors valuable branding time in front of their customers and provides non-dues revenue for your organization.
By 2019, global consumer internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic. Is your association effectively leveraging this simple tactic to engage with members?
SEE ALSO: June Social Media Ideas for Associations
Article Sources: customer.io, WordStream, Unbounce, Rapt Media, Responsive, Inbound Marketing, Small Business Trends, Ad Age, Small Biz Trends