Editor’s note: This article was originally posted on September 23, 2019. It has been updated.
Leveraging a robust AMS system engages members and helps you develop your association, while automating many mundane and repetitive tasks. Whether your membership organization is an association or chamber of commerce, feature-rich Association Management Software (AMS) is a must. This article will help you compare and evaluate the best association management software currently on the market.
What Is Association Management Software (AMS)?
The top AMS platforms provide associations and chambers of commerce with an all-in-one management system to:
- Grow membership
- Generate revenue
- Manage membership data and communications
- Streamline operations
- Simplify event and exhibit management
- Maintain finances and accounting
Select an AMS that will meet all of your organizational needs, such as: member database, email system, convenient billing and payment options, event planning, and website building.
How to Choose the Best Association Management Software
Software can range considerably in its features and capabilities, so you’ll need to make sure the prospective AMS is a good fit for your team’s day-to-day operations and long-term growth goals. Start with scheduling a live overview with GrowthZone AMS. Ask questions and take notes. Consider scheduling a follow-up demo to take a deep dive into specific features critical to your association’s success.
Compare Top AMS Platforms:
- Geared Toward: Member associations of all sizes, especially small-staffed associations, and chambers of commerce
- Pricing: Tiered based on staff users; starting at $149/mo. (1-2 users), through Enterprise level (100+).
- Demo: Free one-to-one and live group demos are available.
- Support: Full support, including phone, chat, email, support wiki, webinar, and on-demand video.
- Upgrades: Website Builder, Marketing Automation, Sales Funnel, and Continuing Education modules.
- Integrations: Full updated listing here, includes Zoom, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Elevate LMS, Stripe, Dues Hub, WMS, NAHB, NRDS, Paragon, Matrix MLS, ConnectMLS, Supra, and many more.
GrowthZone offers a feature-rich web-based association management platform designed for chambers of commerce and associations in a wide range of industries, such as: construction, trade, real estate, agriculture, business, education, insurance, medical, safety, and transportation. Part of what makes GrowthZone so unique is that we fully customize your AMS to fit the specific needs of your association.
Grow membership and revenue fast with sales funnel and marketing automation. Keep members engaged with event management, member forums, and educational certification tools. Do more in less time by automating manual processes and connecting from anywhere, anytime with mobile access.
We take great pride in delivering world-class customer service and support to ensure you make the most of our software, which easily integrates with your organization’s existing site or a GrowthZone-built website. Our platform also seamlessly integrates with other third-party tools you might currently be using, such as Mailchimp, Quickbooks, Zoom, and many more.
At GrowthZone, we know that associations with small staffs often do not have time for robust member management or sales and marketing campaigns. That’s why we specifically designed our AMS to be the perfect multi-purpose management tool for small-staffed associations in need of time-saving conveniences. Improve efficiency by automating email communications, marketing, billing, duplicate entry elimination, membership renewal, reporting, and more – all from one streamlined, centralized data hub.
No IT department? No problem! Our software is easy to use even for those who are not tech-savvy, and your dedicated customer support team is always on call to walk you through it. As we like to say at GrowthZone, “customer service is in our DNA.”
Mobile staff app
Sales funnel management
Event management (including online event registration and payment)
List / committee management
Online/mobile payment processing
Billing automation and support
Website design and management
Workflow automation/project management
Zoom and GoToWebinar integration
2. Neon CRM
- Geared Toward: Nonprofits
- Pricing: Tiered, starts at $49/mo. (<100 records)
- Demo: Free, Personalized
- Support: Email, Chat, Phone, Guides, Consultants, Live Group Webinars, On-Demand Training
- Upgrades: Data Import, Training and Consulting Packages, Website Integration, Website Builder
- Integrations: QuickBooks, DonorSearch
To “make good happen,” as their slogan goes, Neon CRM offers nonprofit-centered features like: relationship tracking, unlimited online web forms and surveys, volunteer management, email segmentation, analytics, grant management, credit card processing, and automated receipts.
3. Wild Apricot by Personify
- Geared Toward: Associations, Nonprofits, Clubs, Fraternities, Societies, Councils, Organizations
- Pricing: Free (1 user, >50 contacts) and Tiered, starting at $40/mo. (<100 contacts) to $600/mo. (50K)
- Demo: Free 30-day trial, no credit card required
- Support: Live chat tech support, email billing inquiries, Phone sales, forums
- Upgrades: Free plan does not include online payments, online store, or apps.
- Integrations: Over 235, through PieSync
Wild Apricot lets you “escape Excel Hell” with an easily managed member database. Additional features include a website builder, payments portal, mobile app, email/contact database, online store, and event management.
- Geared Toward: Trade associations, professional societies, associations, association managers
- Pricing: Tiered based on users, starting at $175 per user, per month.
- Demo: Quick Tours and Webinars available upon request.
- Support: Walk-through guides, interactive classroom training, videos, on-site option.
- Upgrades: Free upgrades are given four times per year, but initial implementation is a surcharge.
- Integrations: Salesforce, Amazon Web Services, Association Analytics, and more.
Fonteva delivers membership engagement tools like member directories, goal tracking, lead scoring, and analytics. Members are given a customized experience, where they can interact in any language and any currency, on any device. Email, member self-serve, and automation promise to save staff time.
- Geared Toward: Associations, association management companies, colleges, chambers of commerce
- Pricing: Starts at $300/mo. with a one-year minimum investment.
- Demo: There are no free trials, but you may view a demo.
- Support: Comprehensive support includes live chat, email, or phone.
- Upgrades: Learning Management, Event Management, Virtual Event Management software.
- Integrations: Salesforce, MailChimp, PayPal, QuickBooks, US Chamber Federation, and more.
“Connections can be powerful, and so can you,” according to MemberClicks, an AMS that automates dues collection, streamlines event registration, allows member website building, and delivers email marketing tools. Manage donors, volunteers, and members, while becoming a job hunter portal and professional development resource.
YourMembership is now part of Community Brands, providing cloud-based software supporting small to mid-sized professional associations, association management companies, nonprofits, faith-based groups, and K-12 schools. It is designed to help associations manage day-to-day administrative processes, track financial data, and create and build engagement with members.
Personify360 offers cloud-based AMS software geared toward mission-driven and member-focused institutions, such as charities, health and wellness organizations, and medium to large associations. It is ideal for handling complex membership structures with multiple business lines.
8. Glue Up
Glue Up (formally known as EventBank) offers cloud-based software designed for organizations of all sizes ranging from chambers of commerce and associations to start-ups and nonprofits. There are six software packages available: event management, membership management, community management, virtual events management, training management, and donations management.
MemberSuite provides cloud-based AMS software and business intelligence solutions for nonprofits and professional trade organizations. With the open API, the software allows third-party integration for single-source data flow and management. The enterprise-level association management system allows organizations to accomplish all activities in one place.
10. iMIS by ASI
iMIS is a cloud-based solution geared towards nonprofit, association, union, and membership management organizations. Built with Microsoft tools and powered by the Microsoft cloud, iMIS also features an open API to unify databases and other third-party applications into a single cloud-based Engagement Management System (EMS).
Membee was developed as a cloud-based membership software system designed to help nonprofit organizations grow. Membee offers fully automated membership management, including automated new member sign-up, existing member renewals, and event registration management.
12. CC Assist
CC-Assist by Chamber Data Systems, Inc., offers on-site, desktop membership management software for chambers of commerce and associations. It was designed to generate non-dues revenue and streamline work processes. Because CC-Assist is not web-based, users can work with data offline when no internet connection is available.
13. Chamber Nation
Chamber Nation provides AMS software geared toward chambers of commerce and other member-based associations and delivers full-service economic development tools for members and staff. Their many modules and apps are designed to work with the integrated mobile publishing platform.
Are you ready to love your association software?
Contact us for a custom price quote and to learn why thousands of associations choose GrowthZone.
800-825-9171, option 1
As you can see from this comparison of popular association management software options, there are many AMS platforms to choose from, based on your needs, preferences, and budget. Contact GrowthZone to try a free demo and learn how we can help your organization create value for members and fulfill your mission. Our dedicated and friendly support staff is ready to guide you every step of the way, from onboarding to training and beyond. Call or use our website contact form to get started on growing your association today.